Well well after hearing so much music about this place, finally parked my car in the open parking space right opposite the glittery California Boulevard building standing tall amidst the sparkling stars of the night sky. The entire building was donned with bright palms and stars. Perfect setting for a beautiful evening.
As we walked closer, clicking picture and snap chatting about the majestic palms we saw the much talked about “Harley Davidson” in other reviews and was not surprised to find out that the owner is a huge fan of the “Harley Bikes”.
We took the Hollywood “Walk of fame” to our table and were amazed with the interiors, the lighting, the plush leather seats and the music. The place had some square and rectangular table in the middle of the property and tables on one side with huge comfortable sofas and digital screen displaying the photos and profiles of recent as well as iconic Hollywood superstars. We took the center table as we were still star stuck with the entire ambience of the place, soon to be attracted to the romantically appealing outdoor seating with a waterfall and beautiful ambient blue light. The sound of the pleasing water and the pleasing air conditioning done by covering up the place in summers, took me to my dreamy best, but soon the dream bubble burst upon hearing the sound “Sir, this place is already booked”.
Our servers smilingly placed the napkins and handed over the elaborate menu. Finally food time, I was already in love with the place and was anticipating a stunner performance with the food as well after browsing through their Zomato ratings and superb food reviews.
We gulped a) California Punch b) Strawberry and Basil Ice Tea c) Watermelon and Basil Martini to welcome the food as we chose to try Chef’s Tour for our dinner. By the way, although I am not a strawberry fan but the Strawberry Basil Martini stole my heart completely. It was a very authentic Ice tea with a kiss of strawberry and basil. Loved it.
• Started off with Dilli ki Chaat – Confused why it was so light, but first bite into the Chaat with Crispy spinach leaves, left me spellbound with the amazing taste of the yogurt, tamarind and mint chutney. This one of a kind hatke chaat, left me wanting for more. Two thumbs up for the unique crunchy spinach concept
• Cottage Chesse Tai Chi – Fresh paneer, with a wonderful amalgamation of spices and peppers
• Ganderi Kebab – Impressive serving in small, narrow glasses placed cutely on a wooden board. Seemed as if the glasses and the kebabs were made for each other 🙂 . These minced kebabs on a sugarcane stick dipped in mint and sweet chutney were a complete delight for my taste buds
• Sushi Paneer – These cottage cheese rolls delicately filled with Mushrooms, were soft and tender. Sure delight for vegetarians. The presentation with splash of maroon coloured salad mad it appealing to look at
• Kaffir Lime Chicken Tikka – The chicken with a very evident taste of lime, was a great deviation for the regular taste of chicken dishes. Enjoyed it
• Peri Peri Crispy Chicken – Chicken at it spicy best. The chipotle mayo dip served alongside worked well with this dish
• Spicy Mushroom Dim Sums – Super-duper spicy dim sums having thin (nearly transparent) covering with spicy mushroom inside, were just wow but too spicy for my liking. Wish they had a toned down (less spicy) version of the dim sum
• Mezze Platter – Being served with my all-time favourite Pita Pit pockets, did not disappoint and were served elegantly
This one of a kind soup, was just Wow !!! I left all my food and went along with the greed to finish all at one go. Two thumbs up for the innovation and one of a kind taste
• Chicken Pot Pie – Roman inspired dish, served with Garlic bread topped with a super crispy puff on the top. Beneath the puff was diced chicken with mushrooms, white wine. This one was a very creamy chicken dish which surprisingly was yummmm.. Everything about this dish seemed near perfect from the excellent creamy chicken to the layery puff.
After having tons of food items, finally comes Desserts. The expectation from them was sky high after the wonderful dishes offered on the table.
• We started off with Kulfi Bonbons (In house innovation) – Served beautifully on a green platform, first bite into the bonbon and I somehow got a feeling that they have hit the bulls eye with this innovation. It was out of the world, filled with mango flavored kulfi inside. A must must try for all. Offers a very unique range of sweet flavors. The ideal way to have them is by dividing them in two halves and then gorging on the kulfi while biting into the Belgian chocolate
• Red Velvet Cake – A normal red velvet cake, nothing extraordinary about it. Was just okay
• Flambe Baileys Jamun – Our very own Gulab Jamun infused with Baileys and served very interestingly with jamun on fire, was good one time try
• Chocolate Bomb – Pretty famous dessert these days. Was served while steaming hot caramel with brownie and so much chocolate, Indulgence at its best.
Later, we ventured out to their upstairs seating too, to find the same seating and ambience, but completely TCB style with a twist again. The floor has a huge screen with retro black and white movie playing on it. The screen was done up with bulbs all around them. A complete package I must say.
TCB surely promises to be blockbuster with all the necessary ingredients. Fancy, plush and luxurious interiors coupled with superb hospitality by the servers and special attention by Kanchan Hiranandani for ensuring we had a lovely time dining with TCB. With lipsmacking food on offer Chef Surjeet also ensured an amazing experience for us.
I am surely visiting them again and again with seating beside the waterfall highest on my priority.