Apple Inc. held its annual event on 07 September 2016 to launch their New- Gen iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus models, which Apple proudly claims to be the best iPhone ever made.
In case you have missed out on the Keynote event, here are the 7 things you should definitely know about their new range of phones along with the newly launched Apple iWatch and Air Pods –
- iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus in 5 different colours – Apple announced the launch of their most advanced iPhone, the former being available in 4.7-inch while the former measures at 5.5-inch. Although there hasn’t been any change in the screen size of the iPhone variants, but the spectrum in which iPhone were available previously has definitely seen some change. Apple has dumped the Space Grey model and have come up with a beautiful black with a Matt finish and a deep, high-gloss jet black to add to their existing range of Silver, Gold and Rose Gold finishes of iPhone.
- Revamped Home Button – Apple has done away with the clickable signature button and replaced it with solid-pressure sensitive button, which they claim to be more durable, responsive and customisable.
- Improved Camera – All of us know that iPhone is one of the best camera phone in the world and they definitely takes it to another level with 7 and 7 Plus. Some of the newly added features being the 12 MP Rear Camera with Optical Stabilisation, larger aperture, Quad Led True Tone Flash making the camera 60% faster. The front camera also gets an upgrade to 7MP Facetime HD camera
- Water & Dust Resistance – With IPS67 protection, iPhone 7 is the first water resistant phone ever made by Apple
- Stereo Speakers – Crank up the volume! Yes, definitely you can with your new iPhone 7 which comes with stereo speakers delivering almost twice the volume as iPhone 6S
- Better Screen and improved 3D touch– The face of the phone “Screen” is brighter, vivid and colourful with the addition of Retina HD display with wide colour gamut.
- A10 Fusion Chip and increased storage – The most powerful chip ever forming the brain on any smartphone. The chip makes iPhone a staggering 2x faster than iPhone 6 and also gives a longer lasting battery life. After much anticipation apple has finally doubled up the storage of their phones leading to 32gb, 128gb and 256gb options to choose from. A great step indeed
Apple has also announced that the new phones will go on pre-order from 9th September and will be going on sale on 16th September.
In US, the iPhone would cost around $649 for the 32 GB version while iPhone 7 Plus would make you shell closer to $769 for a 32GB version.
India Release: Apple has officially announced 7th October as the launch date in the country.
PS: Image courtesy – www.apple.in