About the Outlet-
The Nest which opened just recently in the capital is a platform for almost everyone- The Foodies, The Party Poppers and the Fine diners!! They have a global cuisine menu, catering to all generations. These guys are a perfect bunch of entertainment, food and ambiance.
It was a huge property around the cabana feel between the greens further subdivided into three sections-
The Glasshouse catering to the party people, especially for the clubbing lovers followed by a private dining area on the top of the glasshouse and an open terrace for the hookah fans.
The Waterfront Cabanas– A pool side party area, perfect for organizing engagement parties, birthday parties and likewise.
The Open Air Dining area, perfectly designed for couples, families or group of friends just opposite the glasshouse overlooking the open kitchen and wood fired pizzas.
There was a lavish spread of starters crafted by Chef Vaibhav especially for us the Foodies. All the dishes served as a part of Food Tasting Session were nearly perfect but some of them were mouth-watering-
- Honey chilly water chestnuts- This was a true delight with the crispiness intact in contrast to the regular chilly potatoes served in the restaurants.
- Pita Hummus Platter- Being a total Lebanese food fan, these in house baked pitas served with three variants of hummus- Peri Peri hummus, Pesto Hummus and the regular one was one of the finest pita hummus I have ever had.
- Roasted Mushrooms with sour cream topped with truffle oil- That smoky toasty flavor of mushrooms accompanied by sour cream is a total vegan’s paradise.
- Sish though & wood fired pitas- There it was the show stopper dish- a Moroccan dish where yummy chicken tikka steaks were served with wood fired freshly baked pita breads and garlic dip. It tasted heavenly and is a definite try!
- Chicken roulade- Another of the chef’s delicacies, stuffing of goat cheese, herbs and spices inside a chicken roll garnished with dips and sauces.
- Fish Egg wrap- I am not at all a sea food fan, but this dish was finger licking and I would say a must have for all the non-vegetarians. It was a very simple egg coating filled with fish mince with the spices and flavors intact served with soya sauce.
We were served four types of wood fired pizzas– Pepperoni Smoked Cheese, Spinach & Feta, Bolognese & Goat’s Cheese Chicken and Wild Mushroom. Without a doubt, the Wild Mushroom which had a Mushroom paste, feta and truffle oil was mind-blowing, everybody just got floored on having that one bite and couldn’t resist taking one more slice.
Wild Mushroom Cappuccino Soup– It was a perfect blend of mushrooms, parsley and black pepper with a tinge of thyme. It resonated with the pellet and acted as a great accompaniment to the awesome food we were eating.
Innovative dish of the day– Plain choutam– These were chicken drumsticks coated tossed in sour and sweet Chinese dips giving it that tanginess yet sweet flavor. One of the unique dishes I have across after a very long time.
- Fisher Bowl- A huge bowl of passion fruit mixed with tequila and topped with a half side down beer bottle is one of the innovative cocktails served on our table. As soon as you take a sip and the level of tequila goes down, the beer starts pouring in making it taste all the more heavenly. I personally loved the Color of the cocktail a lot, it was so lively. The owner of the restaurant “Ajay Bindal” drank something similar in Miami and that’s how he got it on his menu. One of the most delicious cocktails I have ever had!!
- LIITB– I have been a fan of LLIT all my life but trying something with a red bull base was an experiment. The presentation of the drink reminded us of our chemistry lab experiment days in school (Haha.. J) My fellow foodies loved the drink, though I did not enjoy it too much.
Being fully stuffed with the scrumptious spread of starters, we all mutually decided to skip the main course and moved towards the desserts.
The yummy food in our tummy had raised the bar for the upcoming desserts in terms of presentation, quality and innovation but it proved a little disheartening. We were served two of the chef’s special desserts and both tasted just average- Mango puree with raspberry jam and macro pone cheese with apricot and strawberry crush
Hospitality Meter- 4.5/5
- The staff was extremely well dressed and very much cordial towards all the guests. Our server Ashu, indeed a jolly fellow as he made sure that all the foodies were served appropriate portions of the dishes, got their own chance for clicking the pictures and made sure to share the knowledge regarding the dish.
- The operations manager, Shiv, deserve a shout out too as he made conscious efforts of striking a conversation with the bunch of foodies and tried his best to make our dinner event a memorable one.
- Lastly, a pleasant visit by Chef Vaibhav and the owner Ajay Bindal, added that tinge of personal touch to the meetup going on.
Ideal for- Party, Winter morning Sunday Brunch, Family together, Clubbing, Romantic date
Chinese whisper- A perfect place with a sophisticated interiors and decors giving that pleasing ambiance, a distinctive menu and serving few of the finest and super delicious dishes. The presentation of the food, drinks is creative and the quality well maintained. The outlet has that luxurious ambiance to it but the prices are not that hiked.
Kudos, Team Nest!!
It deserves a visit FOODIES!!!