The name “My Bar – Headquarters” sounds like another level, but it’s nothing but a bigger and more spacious place for the people to chit-chat and enjoy over drinks and taste some bit of food too. The place has a huge floor with comfortable seating and an open air rooftop overlooking the lovely Connaught Place.
The inside area is all lit with red/orange lighting accompanied with load music. As soon as you enter you will see the entire place hustling bustling with servers moving all around the place and people laughing, talking on the toppest of their tones (just to be audible in the loud music), friends cheering with drinks in their hands and some enjoying the hookah.
The open air rooftop is on the flip side an all chilled out seating with light music playing and ideal place to spend the night drinking underneath the stars.
Hence we decided to stay outdoors and sat down to order drinks first. A special mention that the servers were pretty decent in providing the menu right after we sat down and noted down our order for Corona and Carlsberg. Since they were out of stock with Corona, they got all Carlsberg for us. Grabbing our stomach out of hunger, we decided to order for
- Cheesey Nachos – which was very less in terms of quantity and average in terms of quality. The Nachos were topped with Jalapeno and Olives along with Chesse. The salsa dip provided along was average too.
- Masala Peanuts – Wonderful, served with onion, capsicum, tomato and some lemon juice was just the perfect combination.
- Paneer Tikka – Tasted good, paneer was tender and fresh
- Paneer Pakoda – Perfect chilly evening and an open terrace, what better than have a plate full of steaming hot and fresh paneer pakoda. Served along with green chutney, they were the show stopper for sure
- Chilli Potato – Chilli Potato was very crispy and aptly cooked. Just perfect for the occasion
- Tandoori Mushroom – The mushrooms were tasty and good. Tasted average, noting great and much to criticize about them
Amongst the beer and the finger foods, I also had a guava based Mocktail which was average again.
We looked out for having hookah, but the hotel staff tried to act smart by declining the small hookahs and then offering us the medium and large hookah and then later on found out that we only have an option to order the large one. Hence, we decided to give it a miss.
Get your bookings in advance, because this place remains packed on the weekends and holidays. Expect waiting time to easy be 20 min plus during peak hours if you did not get the bookings.
The food is average – 3/5
The ambience and the open-air is sitting is good – 3.5/5
Value for money – 5/5
I would rate the place an overall 3.5 considering it to be a drinking place which serves and caters to young crowd and works on the USP of serving cheap alcohol and does not master in area of delicious food servings.
If you are looking for good food and alcohol – please give this place a miss, but if you are struggling with your monthly budgets and want to enjoy alcohol and good time with friends – get your bookings and hit the place.
We saw the food winking, smiling and alluring us but then we have to leave just to come back with more experiences from our EnticingFoodCruise
Contact – Facebook – Twitter – Know us better