Right out of the armory of the The California Boulevard this is one more piece of excellence or a star on the already star studded chain of restaurants. – AMPM Cafe
After taking the buzzword Fine Dine to a completely new level through their TCB (The California Boulevard) chain in Gurgaon and Rajouri, AMPM with its new and revamped Cocktail menu and also the upscaled interiors is back in the foray to shake their competitors and reach the apex peak amongst milky of mushrooming café around the place.
The place is spread out in 2 floors – The first one being an all sophisticated café dining with three guitars embezzled in the wall and a live bar to take care your drinking needs, this floor also has a pretty convenient roam around area decorated with green grass and retro photo frames and also has a huge LED TV for the match screening days. The interiors of the place are striking and elegant at the same time. Appreciating the interiors following the famed musical legends of Hollywood you would find yourself in a surprising and pretty different setup. This 2nd floor open air seating is all about youth and one can sense the obvious vibes from this place. Loud thumping music mixed with the laughter friendly chats and high fives’, open fresh air and hookas will make fell in love with the place instantaneously. There is also a dine in place like the one on the floor below with plush black sofas and chairs and a pretty supportive and smiling staff.
One filament bulb fan sort of thing was just wow. Since we are talking about the unique and different things in this property, I would recommend looking onto the walls to all the famed celebrities staring at you, some at their musical best and some other with their naughty looks to woo you away and take you into their musical world supported by the elegant and beautifully crafted and lighted microphones dangling from the roof. The DJ area all decorated with old records looks classy too.
Here come the starters, drinks and other delicious items –
Morning Sun – This orange juice and grenadine laced mocktail was refreshing and colorful. It was a sheer joy to look and click this beautiful looking drink. The lovely combination of the orange and red was wow. Tasted refreshing and good
- Thai Refresher – This watermelon based mocktail was the best and the most refreshing drink I have tasted. Made along with kaffir lime, sprite and other secret ingredients took my heart away
- Aam Panna Mojito – This is one of their newly launched drink very refreshing, tangy and delicious
- Paan Mojito – Not in a mood to try cocktail, but this desi version of the mocktail and the expressions on my friends face compelled me to sip, sip and sip the drink without sharing. It was refreshing, different, one of a kind. The Banarasi Paan flavors with white rum were unmatchable
- Dilli Ki Chaat – This starter is one of a kind with tamarind chutney, curd, mint and Sev sprinkled atop the crispy spinach leaves. One of a kind and indeed a very light and a healthy starter to kick start one’s meal
- Golden Fried Prawns – Sea food lovers’ first choice indeed. Beautiful presentation in a basket served along with chilli sauce, took our heart away
- Peri Peri Chicken Pizza – One of the very famed and a pretty much heard of pizza served in a lot of café/restaurants. But this one served at AMPM was aptly thin crusted and spicy chicken along with the regular topping was a sheer delight to have
- Tangy Button Mushrooms – Being a mushroom lover, I loved each and every bite of this dish. This schezwan sauce tossed tangy mushroom was again a vegan delight and the muhroom tasted wonderful
- Railway Cutlets – This very different and never thought about dish was presented elegantly by the staff. Made of carrots, beans, peas and potatoes was an unlikely surprise to the taste buds, with its tender texture, elegant golden brown and well-cooked ingredients
- Paneer Tai Chi – Was yummy and delicious, loved it
Here comes my favorite part The Desserts
- Baked New York Cheese Cake – Unlike their food, the desserts were a bit of a letdown with the Cheese cake tasting just average
- Lemon Tarts – Beautiful and sparkling yellow tarts were too sweet to my liking, was not able to even finish a single tart, needs improvement
- Carrot Halwa Baklava – Served with a beautiful presentation, the baklava tasted wonderful and different. The outer covering was crisp and tasty
The experience in totality was wonderful – courtesy amazing service, smiling and patient servers, excellent music and an unmatchable host Kanchan Hiranandani.
AMPM can surely be called a youth hub, foodie’s paradise and a dream place to be at for all the cocktail lovers and an undoubtedly a place to chill, unwind and relax be it during the day or amidst the stars.